Thursday, April 7, 2011

Happy Thursday!!

Colby the Fluff
Ok so maybe I should re-name it BEODA (Blog Every Other Day in April)...think it'll catch on??  So there has been major dramas in my life...mainly the landlord vs. adorable fluff muffin Colby.  Apparently, and I'm telling you this so you don't make the same mistake, apparently you can't get a dog without telling your landlord...even if you already have a dog that he verbally okay-ed.  $400 later and we're signing pet policies and paying pet fees.  Blah...seems crazy to me that we would be required to pay the same amount for a dog we just got vs a dog we've had for 10 months....especially when we're moving out in less than two months and have already given notice!?!

Oh well, without drama I suppose life would be rather dull.  Just glad we got through it, it's behind us, and now our landy lord lord can't be a jerk because we did everything he asked.  I sense smooth sailing from here until the finish line, but I'll keep you posted ;)  How could you not love and wanna squeeze this guy??

Zen Habits "Brief Guide to Life"

In other news, my sister sent me to this website about a month ago and it's become my new favorite place...
Zen Habits  I don't know about you, but the aforementioned story is like the story of my life.  Make a stressful decision only to have to deal with the stressful consequences.  Being told to take time to breathe is just what I need!  I recommend starting with the "Start Here" section.  The guy that runs the site has been posting for years, I don't know that I'll ever be able to catch up!

I printed out the "Brief Guide to Life" section and put it on our fridge.  I've decided that every week I'm going to focus on one or more of the lines.  Today I'm going to start at the top by watching less tv, and reading more.  I'm going to lump the computer in with TV.  "Less" is so much easier to deal with than "no."  So I can reserve my TV time for tonight when we get disc 2 of season 2 of Six Feet Under :)  Until then I'm going to try and focus on doing lots of reading today to counter act the balance.

I think I'm going to bring back a daily tidbit where I muse about some recent idea I've thought about...we'll call it revelations.  I agree, that is a word fraught with connotation, but take my "revelations" for what they're worth...it's just for fun after all :)

revelation: Ok so everyone experiences life different, we'll never see and think and feel the same way about something or a situation as another person, we're only us and others are only them.  So what if the way I saw colors was completely different from the way you saw colors.  For instance what if what I knew to be blue, if you were to look through my eyes would be what you knew to be red.  We both identify the color with the same word, but we didn't see the same color at all.  Just imagine other people seeing the word in a different palate which seems perfectly normal to them because the sky is blue, but their blue if you were to see it would be your green.  If this makes sense to you, please leave a comment.  If it doesn't, please also leave a comment.  I am a very visual person, so I might even try to draw (or find a picture) to illustrate what I'm trying to say....

2 comments:

  1. I've been trying to watch less tv as well, and read more. So far i haven't watched any tv in almost two weeks, but double my amount of movies! Netflix is my downfall... good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the luck! I only hope I can do as well as you have been doing on this whole no TV thing. Netflix has become my downfall as well...it's just too easy to watch almost anything, anytime. Seen any good movies? I'm always on the lookout for good reviews :)

    ReplyDelete